What are VHS tapes worth?
The average cost of a secondhand VHS tape is about $11, according to eBay. “If your dog chewed the case or the kids scribbled all over it, it’s probably not worth much. However, if you have the right edition in mint condition, you may be surprised at what collectors will pay,” eBay said in its study report.
Subsequently, What is Disney Masterpiece Collection?
The Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection (Walt Disney Coleccion Maestra in Spanish and Collection Chefs-d’œuvre de Walt Disney in French-Canadian) was a line of VHS tapes and Laserdiscs released by Walt Disney Home Video from 1994 to 1999.
How can I sell my VHS tapes?
Sell your VHS tapes on eBay or a similar online auction store. Half.com, a servie of eBay, specializes in VHS sales. Amazon.com offers similar services, as does Alibris. All of them allow you to make sales with a third-party moderator, to ensure that the buyer pays what he agrees to pay.
How much is Jurassic Park on VHS worth?
6. Jurassic Park, $1,000. The first “Jurassic Park” film came out in 1994, and the franchise (and this tape’s value) is still going strong. This VHS tape sold for $1,000 in its original box, all of which is listed as in very good condition.
What to do with old VHS movies?
Here are some options.
- Thrift Stores. Most thrift stores will accept donations of VHS tapes.
- Green Disk. Green Disk will recycle your old VHS tapes for you.
- Freecycle. Offer your VHS tapes on Freecycle and hope somebody else wants them.
- Make Scarecrows.
- Knit With the Tape.
What was the first Disney movie released on VHS?
Sleeping Beauty was the first title to be released in VHS Hi-Fi and in stereo sound. It was released at $29.95. The film became the centerpiece for Disney’s $6 million promotional campaign, “Bring Disney Home For Good” which featured all the six animated Classics.
How do you tell the date of a VHS tape?
Here’s how to find each one:
- Print Date/Time – The date/time that this specific tape was manufactured.
- VHS Copyright Year – The year this VHS was released but not necessarily manufactured.
- Content Copyright Year – The year the content was first released, possibly decades before the VHS release.
What is Disney Gold Collection?
The Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection, or the Gold Classic Collection for short, is a series of VHS and DVD releases of animated Disney films, similar to the Walt Disney Classics and Walt Disney Masterpiece Collections that preceded it.
What the best selling VHS of all time?
1. The Lion King. Released on VHS in 1995, this film not only tops the list of best-selling VHS tapes, but also sits in the list of one of the best-selling DVDs of all time, too. With sales reaching 32 million copies with a revenue of $520 million, The Lion King is the most successful VHS release of all time.
Do VHS tapes sell on eBay?
But there are plenty of dusty old VHS tapes that can fetch you decent money on eBay. In some cases, it doesn’t even matter if they’re in rough shape. Here are some tapes that have recently been fetching good prices with regularity on the auction site.
What Disney DVDs are worth money?
The most valuable DVDs
|Ticks (20 th Anniversary Edition)||$58|
|Walt Disney’s Cinderella: Special Edition||$40|
|Walt Disney’s Aladdin: Platinum Edition||$38|
Do VHS tapes sell on Ebay?
I prefer to sell my VHS on Amazon because I feel that there is more traffic, but VHS do sell well on Ebay as well. It’s up to you, but I would always recommend selling new VHS on Amazon and I would suggest marking it up very high because it will sell. You will always get paid much higher prices on Amazon than on Ebay.
How much is Song of the South worth?
Forget that old PAL video tape or the Japanese laser disc. Someone is offering a 16mm IB Technicolor print of Song of The South on eBay. The bidding starts at $1,499.
What can I do with old cassette tapes and CDs?
How to Recycle CDs & Tapes
- Donate your old CD, DVDs and tapes to a secondhand store or music reseller for reuse. Even if the items are scratched, it’s likely they can be repaired and resold.
- Use them for a DIY art project.
- Mail your media to a company like the CD Recycling Center of America or GreenDisk.
Where can I donate VHS movies near me?
Drop off old VHS tapes to a Goodwill, Salvation Army or St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop. Donating unwanted items like these tapes extends their lifespans.
What can you do with old cassette cases?
No matter their purpose, or lack thereof, there are ways to rid your home of the pesky plastic cases.
- Recycling Tape Cassettes.
- Donate or Resell Your Cassettes.
- Use Tape Cassettes in DIY Projects.
- Digitize Your Tape Cassettes.
What was the last Disney VHS?
Here is a bit of trivia for you: the direct to video animated sequel Bambi II was the last Disney film released on VHS. Even though Disney had been releasing DVDs since 1997, Bambi II was the last VHS produced by the mouse house, hitting store shelves in 2006.
What was the last film released on VHS?
No major film studios issue releases on VHS anymore, and the last film to be released was A History of Violence in 2006.
How much did a VCR cost in 1980?
Cost of a Sears VCR in 1981: $1389.88, or 187.3 hours of work (23.4 days or 4.7 weeks) at the average hourly wage of $7.42 (total private industries).
What is beauty and the beast Black Diamond?
“The versions of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ that are listed for $5K and up are those that are part of the rare ‘Black Diamond Collection.’ This collection features 18 animated features from 1988 to about 1993 that were first released for VHS.
Is VHS an analog?
VHS, short for Video Home System, is a standard for consumer-level analog video recording on tape cassettes.
How many dvds are in the Disney Classic Collection?
Disney Classics Complete Collection (57 Disc Collection) – DVD 
What Disney movies have been remastered?
All 18 Disney Live-Action Remakes Ranked
- #18. Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) 28% #18.
- #17. 102 Dalmatians (2000) 31% #17.
- #16. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) 39% #16.
- #15. 101 Dalmatians (1996) 41% #15.
- #14. Dumbo (2019) 46%
- #13. Alice in Wonderland (2010) 51%
- #12. The Lion King (2019) 52%
- #11. Maleficent (2014) 54%
How do I get song of the South?
Call Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Guest Relations at (800) 723-4763 and tell them that you want Song of the South to be released on DVD/Blu-ray/Disney+.