Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Peas :
- Add a Little Color. . Brighten up soups, stews and casseroles with colorful peas.
- Peas & Almonds. . Use green peas to make Peas Almondine: Add sautéed onion and if desired, mushrooms to cooked peas.
- A Perfect Rice Pilaf. . Stir peas into cooked rice or barley to make a pilaf. Season with herbs. Use as a Fat Substitute.
- Stir Fry. . Add frozen or canned peas to a stir-fry at the end.
- A Tangy Combination. . Liven up a Lifeless Salad. … Pasta & Peas! Include peas in your Pasta Primavera, or…
1 Add a fresh herbs like mint or tarragon to the water when boiling or steaming to add flavor. 2 Top cooked peas off with a tiny pinch of sugar to bring out their natural sweetness. 3 Make a salad with cooked peas. They’re especially tasty with bacon and a creamy dressing. 4 Cook with spices, from curry to herbes de Provence.
Add raw sugar snap peas to salads. Raw sugar snap peas can add crunch to your salads and make them more nutritious. Cut the pods into smaller segments with a knife so they’re easier to mix in with your salad, or you can leave them whole. Pair raw sugar snap peas with dips. Dip them into hummus, guacamole, and other kinds of dip.
There are snow peas and snap peas, which can can be eaten whole (and aren’t the type of pea we’re covering here). You’re far less likely to find garden peas, also called sweet peas or English peas. These pods conceal tender, round peas.
Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through but still bright green. Season with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and lemon zest.
Sharing is caring, don’t forget to share this post with friends !