How can I sell my VHS tapes?
Where to Sell VHS Tapes
- eBay. eBay is the king when it comes to selling unwanted items that you don’t think have a re-sale value. …
- Amazon. If your tapes aren’t going to be worth that much from nostalgia alone, Amazon could work for you instead. …
- Car Boot Sales. …
- VHS Facebook Groups.
Then, Where can I sell my Disney VHS movies?
The Best Places To Sell Disney VHS Tapes
- eBay. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, or Disney VHS tapes; eBay should be your first stop.
- The Facebook Marketplace.
- Garage Sales.
- Pawn Shops.
What the best selling VHS of all time?
1. The Lion King. Released on VHS in 1995, this film not only tops the list of best-selling VHS tapes, but also sits in the list of one of the best-selling DVDs of all time, too. With sales reaching 32 million copies with a revenue of $520 million, The Lion King is the most successful VHS release of all time.
What to do with old VHS movies?
But having said that, you can’t just toss them in your recycling bin. Here are a few tips to properly dispose of your VHS tapes.
- Residential waste and recycling center.
- Donate to Goodwill.
- Sell online on Ebay or Amazon.
- Give away for free on Craigslist or Freecycle.
Do VHS tapes sell on eBay?
But there are plenty of dusty old VHS tapes that can fetch you decent money on eBay. In some cases, it doesn’t even matter if they’re in rough shape. Here are some tapes that have recently been fetching good prices with regularity on the auction site.
How much are used VHS tapes worth?
The average cost of a secondhand VHS tape is about $11, according to eBay. “If your dog chewed the case or the kids scribbled all over it, it’s probably not worth much. However, if you have the right edition in mint condition, you may be surprised at what collectors will pay,” eBay said in its study report.
How do you tell the date of a VHS tape?
Here’s how to find each one:
- Print Date/Time – The date/time that this specific tape was manufactured.
- VHS Copyright Year – The year this VHS was released but not necessarily manufactured.
- Content Copyright Year – The year the content was first released, possibly decades before the VHS release.
What is the rarest DVD?
So if you have some spare box sets and DVDs lying around collecting dust, now is the time to trade in!
- The Killer, Criterion Collection DVD.
- The History of Beavis and Butt-Head.
- Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box.
- The Complete Sartana.
- Kung Fury.
- Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection.
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Set.
What was last movie released on VHS?
The Last Major Film Released on VHS was in 2006
No major film studios issue releases on VHS anymore, and the last film to be released was A History of Violence in 2006.
What was the first American movie released on VHS?
FIRST AMERICAN FILMS RELEASED ON VHS: THE SOUND OF MUSIC, PATTON, AND M*A*S*H*
Does anyone use VHS tapes anymore?
To this day, there are still millions of unused VHS and audio cassette tapes out there littering garages, attics, and old shelves. VHS tapes stopped being produced in 2008 and VHS players have not been made since 2012. These VHS tapes are as dead as the dodo, and there’s no sign of them making a comeback.
What can I do with old cassette tapes and CDs?
How to Recycle CDs & Tapes
- Donate your old CD, DVDs and tapes to a secondhand store or music reseller for reuse. Even if the items are scratched, it’s likely they can be repaired and resold.
- Use them for a DIY art project.
- Mail your media to a company like the CD Recycling Center of America or GreenDisk.
Where can I donate VHS movies near me?
Drop off old VHS tapes to a Goodwill, Salvation Army or St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop. Donating unwanted items like these tapes extends their lifespans.
How much is the original Star Wars VHS worth?
On eBay, Facebook trading posts, and other platforms, collectors are actively buying and selling video cassettes for prices that stretch into the thousands of dollars. Now, an unopened VHS copy of Star Wars: A New Hope is expected to sell for a whopping $60,000.
How much did VHS tapes cost in the 80s?
A first run popular movie on VHS sold for around $80 or 90 in the 1980s. That is $230 in today’s money. The main reason pre-recorded VHS movies were so expensive was because they generally did not get sold directly to consumers. Instead, rental stores bought them and then rented them to consumers.
What was the first Disney movie released on VHS?
Sleeping Beauty was the first title to be released in VHS Hi-Fi and in stereo sound. It was released at $29.95. The film became the centerpiece for Disney’s $6 million promotional campaign, “Bring Disney Home For Good” which featured all the six animated Classics.
How much is Jurassic Park on VHS worth?
6. Jurassic Park, $1,000. The first “Jurassic Park” film came out in 1994, and the franchise (and this tape’s value) is still going strong. This VHS tape sold for $1,000 in its original box, all of which is listed as in very good condition.
Is the original Little Mermaid worth money?
If you were one of the lucky few who still a copy of the movie with the questionable design, then you could rake in a small fortune. The rare version of The Little Mermaid has been listed for thousands of dollars eBay. One seller has a banned cover copy currently listed for $7,796!
What is beauty and the beast Black Diamond?
“The versions of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ that are listed for $5K and up are those that are part of the rare ‘Black Diamond Collection.’ This collection features 18 animated features from 1988 to about 1993 that were first released for VHS.
Is VHS an analog?
VHS, officially called the Video Home System, is a standard for consumer-level analog video recording on tape cassettes.
What DVDs are worth keeping?
However, DVD box sets and promotional packaging can command even more. That said, most used DVDs are worth between $2 and $20, and many sell for around $5.
The most valuable DVDs.
|Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald||$210|
|The Flim-Flam Man||$185|
|The Evil Dead 1 & 2 Book of the Dead Editions||$100|
Are old Disney DVDs worth anything?
The Disney DVDs do have some value but they are certainly less valuable than their original sales price and their value will likely continue to drop over the next few years.
What is the rarest movie?
While many great movies have been lost over the years, none are more sought out than The Mountain Eagle, which makes its the rarest movie ever made in the world. Only a couple dozen still photographs from The Mountain Eagle have been recovered.
Is VHS making a comeback?
It appears recently that VHS is gaining popularity, at least on the collectors’ market. The age of mainstream VHS collectibility may be upon us,” the newspaper said. … The story went on to say that the most popular VHS tapes these days tend to have unique cover art.
How long are VHS tapes Good For?
VHS tape life expectancy varies from one VHS tape to the next. In general, VHS deterioration of 10–20% occurs over a period of 10 to 25 years. Better quality tapes have a slightly longer lifespan, as do VHS tapes that have been kept in a climate-controlled setting.
How much did a VCR cost in 1980?
Cost of a Sears VCR in 1981: $1389.88, or 187.3 hours of work (23.4 days or 4.7 weeks) at the average hourly wage of $7.42 (total private industries).