Clothes in English: List with translation and pronunciation
Can you talk about clothes and accessories in English? Learning them is essential for shopping, describing people and everyday conversations.
Learn to talk about clothes and accessories in English with pronunciation, translated phrases, explanations and related expressions. Mastering this subject is essential for shopping, describing people and for everyday conversations. Below is a list of clothing and accessory names in English with translation. Hope you like it!
|Clothing and accessories||Translation|
|Womens’ pouch)||Purse / Handbag|
|Panties||Panties / Knickers|
|Shorts / Shorts||shorts|
|cap / cap||Cap|
|Pantyhose||Hose Pants / Stockings / Tights|
|Sandals (men and women)||Sandals|
|Bra||Brassiere / Bra|
|Suit (male and female)||suit|
ACTIVATE ENGLISH PLUS
in addition to learning no ads, you will have access: to the English Experts Course, a verified answers by experts (unlimited), to the application My Vocabulary and the mini course of Business English. UPDATE NOW
Related Terms and Expressions
- Clothes): clothes / clothing / outfit / Garment / Attire / Gear
- Accessories: Accessories
- Wear (clothes, shoes, etc): wear
- Serve: fit
- Fall good: suit
- Dressing / Putting On: put on
- Take off (clothes, shoes, etc): take off
- Try (clothes, shoes, etc): try on
- Change clothes: change your clothes
- Where are my clothes? [Onde estão as minhas roupas? / Onde está a minha roupa?]
- I like this shirt, but it’s too small for me. Do you have this in a larger size? [Eu gostei desta camisa, mas ficou pequena para mim. Você tem de um tamanho maior?]
- These pants are too big for me. [Esta calça ficou grande para mim.]
- Those pants are too short for you. [Essa calça ficou curta para você.]
- This shirt doesn’t fit me. It’s a little too tight. [Esta camisa não me serve (tamanho). É um pouco apertada.]
- That coat really suits you. [Esse casaco cai muito bem em você.]
- The dress fits, but it doesn’t suit me. [O vestido serve (tamanho), mas não me cai bem (aparência).]
- Take off your clothes, they’re wet. [Tire a roupa. Ela está molhada.]
- I usually change my clothes as soon as I get home from work. [Eu geralmente troco de roupa assim que chego em casa do trabalho.]
- I’d like to try on this shirt. [Eu gostaria de experimentar esta camisa.]
- She is wearing a dress. [Ela está usando um vestido.]
- clothes is always in the plural, but be aware that it’s not possible tell the clothes (a clothe), one clothes (a clothe), two clothes (two clothes), three clothes (three clothes), etc. clothes it’s a plural word (it’s used with plural verbs), but it’s countless. To resolve the situation, you can make use of an item of clothing (an outfit, a piece of clothing), two items of clothing (two clothes), three items of clothing (three clothes), etc.
- clothing is more formal than clothes, and can be used to talk about a specific type of clothing or clothing in general.
- outfit is a very common option in everyday language, and is meant to speak of an outfit in the sense of the complete set that the person is wearing or will wear at a given time – for a specific occasion or activity.
- Garment is a more suitable word in formal or literary contexts.
- Attire is a formal word.
- Gear it is an informal option.
- I like your clothes! [Eu gostei da sua roupa!]
- I don’t have many clothes. [Eu não tenho muitas roupas.]
- I have a lot of clothes. [Eu tenho muitas roupas.]
- I need a new outfit for the wedding. [Eu preciso de uma roupa nova para o casamento.]
- She bought another outfit for the party. [Ela comprou outra roupa para a festa.]
- He was wearing a strange garment. [Ele estava usando uma roupa estranha.]
- Her friends were all wearing the latest designer gear. [Os amigos dela estavam todos usando roupas de grife na última moda.]
- You can only take three items of clothing into the changing room. [Você pode levar apenas três roupas para o provador.]
- Food, clothing, and shelter are things that every person needs. [Comida, roupas e abrigo são três coisas que todos precisam.]
- She took only a few items of clothing. [Ela pegou apenas algumas roupas.]
- Proper attire is required at the restaurant. [Roupas adequadas são uma exigência no restaurante.]
Only in Plural
Discover some clothes and accessories that are only used in the plural:
If you want to indicate only a single quantity of the items above, use a pair of (a pair of).
- She wears glasses. [Ela usa óculos.]
- I saw a pair of glasses on the table. [Eu vi um óculos sobre a mesa.]
- I bought a pair of pants. [Eu comprei uma calça.]
- I bought a pair of shoes. [Eu comprei um sapato. / Eu comprei um par de sapatos.]
- I gave him a pair of boots. [Eu dei um par de botas para ele.]
types of clothes
|casual clothes||Casual clothing|
|formal clothes||formal wear, social wear|
|designer clothes||Brand Clothing, Designer Clothing|
|sports clothes||Sport cloth|
|children’s clothes||Children’s wear|
|men’s clothes||men’s clothing|
|women’s clothes||Women’s clothing|
- He only wears casual clothes. [Ele só usa roupa casual.]
- You would probably wear formal clothes to a wedding or a ball or some highly-organized, important event. [Você provavelmente usaria roupa social em um casamento ou baile, ou em um evento sofisticado e importante.]
- Designer clothes are expensive. [Roupas de marca são caras.]
- I need some children’s clothes. [Eu preciso de algumas roupas infantis.]
- Men’s clothes or women’s clothes? [Roupa masculina ou feminina?]
- He put on his bath robe. [Ele vestiu seu roupão de banho.]
- He wore jeans, a ski sweater and an opened, fur collared jacket. [Ele usava jeans, um suéter de esqui, e uma jaqueta aberta com colarinho de pele.]
- She held an umbrella and was dressed in a gray suit. [Ela segurava um guarda-chuva e estava usando um conjunto cinza.]
- He needed glasses, but he wouldn’t admit it. [Ele precisava de óculos, mas não queria admitir.]
- Elisabeth was putting her shoes on as he entered. [Elisabeth estava calçando os sapatos quando ele entrou.]
Collaborate with us. Participate and help us make this list more complete!
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Clothes in English: List with translation and pronunciation
, think about share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Clothes #English #List #translation #pronunciation ☑️!